The following are the terms and conditions relating to the REI Super website.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. It does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs, therefore it doesn't constitute personal advice on investment or financial matters.
This website is provided by REI Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd ABN 68 056 044 770, AFSL 240569, RSE L0000314 Trustee of REI Super (ABN 76 641 658 449), SPIN REI0001AU, RSE R1000412).
Accuracy of information
REI Super does not give any warranty to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the information provided on this website. Although REI Super makes every reasonable effort to maintain current and accurate information, you should be aware that there is still the possibility of inadvertent errors and technical inaccuracies.
Nature of advice
The information provided on this website is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or specific needs. It should not be taken to be personal advice on investment or financial matters. You should not rely on this information without first contacting REI Super to confirm its completeness and, where necessary, obtain independent advice. You should assess your own financial situation and needs, read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for the products and consult an adviser if required before making an investment decision. REI Super will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage caused by reliance on the information provided.
A legal document, called the trust deed, and superannuation legislation govern the operation and management of REI Super. Where there is a discrepancy between the information on this website and the trust deed, the governing rules in the trust deed will prevail. You can obtain a copy of the trust deed by contacting REI Super.
The content of this site has been prepared for residents of Australia and, as a result, all currency references are shown in Australian dollars unless otherwise stated. If you are accessing the site in any other country, you should check whether you are entitled to access the site. REI Super does not accept any liability from your accessing the site outside of Australia.
Warranties and third-party information
To the maximum extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the contents of this website and in respect of any site linked to this website and in respect of accessibility of this website are excluded. REI Super excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability which occurs or might arise as a result of the contents of this website or any linked site or as a result of the website being inaccessible for any reason, whether due to negligent act or omission or otherwise.
REI Super does not warrant that this site or any material contained in or obtained through it, is error- or virus-free. Links to other sites are provided for your convenience only. The trustee is not responsible for the content of these other sites and the provision of such links does not constitute an endorsement of those sites or any associated organisations, product or service. By providing links to other sites, REI Super does not warrant that those sites or any material contained in or obtained from those sites is error- or virus-free.
This site may contain material provided by third parties for general reference or interest. Where such material is provided, the views expressed in this material do not necessarily reflect the official policy of REI Super. Statements made by REI Super Members and Employers have been published on this website with the written consent of individual Members and Employers and that consent has not been withdrawn.
As a result of this legislation, it is appropriate for all Employers to include in any letter of offer to new employees the provision of information from you, as the Employer, to the Fund that will receive staff super contributions. The following wording is suggested:
By accepting this offer of employment and signing the attached copy of this letter you are consenting to the provision of your personal information, including any health information, between your Employer and the Fund and their service providers in order to facilitate provision of benefits in the course of your employment and for the management of the Fund.
The copyright and intellectual property rights relating to this Site belong to and remain the property of REI Super Fund Pty Limited ABN 680 560 447 70 ("REI Super"). The granting of access to the Site by REI Super does not create or imply a license or permit you to reproduce, download, transmit and/or distribute this content in any form or by any means other than as permitted under the Terms and Conditions, unless authorised by the written consent of REI Super.
You may not use the information on this website in any way that is unlawful. In particular, you may not use it to:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate, use any automated scripting tools or software
- engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation or which contains viruses or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware
- impersonate any person or entity
- breach any applicable laws or regulations.
Your privacy and the internet
What information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on how you use the REI Super website.
If you visit an unsecured area of the website to read or download information (an area where you aren’t required to log on), the only information recorded by us will be the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages viewed, the operating system in use and any information downloaded. We won’t record information that allows us to identify you.
Interactive services on the website such as insurance calculators often require you to enter personal information. We generally don’t retain any of this information.
A cookie is a small text file sent to the user’s browser that allows the web page server to retrieve information from the computer. Cookies can either be temporary session cookies, or stored permanently on a computer. They are used for a range of purposes, including security and personalising services.
The Super Facts component of the REI Super website uses temporary session cookies to provide secure, personalised services. These cookies are removed from your computer when you log out of Super Facts.
How we handle email
We will preserve the content of any email that you send us, if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored for security issues, including where email abuse is suspected. Our response to you may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.
If you provide us with your email address, we may use it to send our regular communications such as updates on new and existing products and services that will enhance our relationship with you. If you do not wish to receive such information, or previously indicated that you would like to and have now changed your mind, call REI Super on 1300 13 44 33.
REI Super takes reasonable steps to preserve the security of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Statement. All Member information is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure passwords, user log ons and other security procedures. Developments in security and encryption technology will be reviewed regularly.
Protecting your personal information
Protecting your personal information has always been important to REI Super, and is now required by law. The Commonwealth Privacy Act determines that REI Super must handle your personal information in accordance with a set of National Privacy Principles.
REI Super only collects information that is necessary to administer your membership. By this, we mean managing your account and keeping you informed of opportunities available to you as a Fund Member.
Authorised use of information by others
REI Super has appointed a fund administrator, along with a life insurer and other organisations to provide services to you on our behalf. They are authorised to use your personal information only to administer your fund membership, under the strictest confidence.
From time to time, REI Super may also commission independent consultants to undertake research, which involves contacting Members as part of random research methodology. For this purpose, REI Super provides Members’ names and contact details. The objective of surveying Members is to ensure that REI Super tracks Member satisfaction and the effectiveness of REI Super services and products.
Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent, except where required by superannuation, taxation or other relevant law. For example, REI Super’s fund administrator is required to report certain information to the Australian Taxation Office for tax related purposes.
Your personal details
The personal information collected by REI Super from you, or through your Employer, includes your contact details, date of birth, Tax File Number (if you have chosen to quote it), and, where relevant, may include certain details about your health, which you have provided. Over time, this will be supplemented with financial and other information necessary to administer your account.
Additional information may be collected from medical practitioners or from your Employer for the purpose of assessing your eligibility for higher levels of insurance cover or for the assessment of a claim. We would only seek such information with your consent.
REI Super has strict security measures in place, and staff who handle your personal information have the knowledge, skills and commitment to protect it from unauthorised access or misuse.
Use and storage of information
Information provided when you join REI Super
When you fill out a Member Application form to join REI Super, you are asked to provide information to assist us to administer and keep you informed about your account. Where you do not complete an Application, your name, date of birth and address will be provided to REI Super by your Employer to enable us to accept and process your superannuation contributions. The information we collect and store about you includes:
- Date of birth
- Tax File Number; and
- In some cases, where you have requested insurance cover for Death, Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) Salary Continuance, certain information about your health.
Your contact details and date of birth are required to ensure that REI Super allocates contributions to the correct member account, and for other account administration purposes, including keeping you advised of your benefit with REI Super and opportunities available to you as a Member of REI Super.
Secure storage of information
Once your details have been recorded on the fund administrator’s computer system, your original Member Application is securely stored by the administrator.
Access to your information is restricted to staff that requires the information to administer your account and provide information and services to you. A system of passwords and different levels of access to certain staff is used to protect the information held on the system.
You decide about additional information
If you decide at any time that you do not wish REI Super to advise you of opportunities and additional services open to you as a Member of REI Super, you can request to not receive this additional information by writing to us.
Information provided to our insurer
MetLife provides insurance cover for REI Super Members for Death only, Death and Total & Permanent Disablement (TPD), and for Salary Continuance. REI Super will advise the insurer of the personal details about you that the insurer requires to administer and assess insurance-related matters. This information includes your name, date of birth, contact details and information about your health that you may have provided to REI Super.
Information about your health
MetLife may contact you to seek your consent to collect additional information about your health if you apply for higher levels of Death and TPD insurance cover. Your consent will always be obtained before any details are requested from your treating doctor or other health service providers.
Incomplete or inaccurate information
If you submit incomplete or inaccurate information to MetLife, they may not be able to provide you with the insurance cover you are seeking, or complete their assessment of your insurance-related matters.
Information required when making a claim
In the event that you claim for either TPD or Salary Continuance (for temporary disablement), the relevant insurer may provide your personal information to REI Super and our fund administrator, to assist with the assessment and administration of the insurance claim. The insurer may also pass information to claims investigators, medical practitioners, reinsurers, insurance reference bureaux and certain organisations to whom they outsource some functions.
If your claim is declined and you take legal action or complain to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal (SCT), REI Super and our service providers must provide your personal details and information about your health to legal representatives of REI Super and the insurer, officers of the SCT and court officials.
In all cases where contractors and agents may become aware of your personal information, strict confidentiality arrangements apply. Personal information may only be used for the purpose of administering and assessing your insurance-related matters.
As a Member of REI Super, you may ask to see the information we hold about you and to have it corrected if necessary.
To find out more about the personal information we hold about you and how it is handled, please call REI Super on 1300 13 44 33.
If you would like more information about the Privacy Act, you can contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s hotline service on 1300 363 992, or visit the website at www.privacy.gov.au.
If you believe your privacy has been breached, you should write to:
REI Super Privacy Officer
GPO Box 4303
Melbourne VIC 3001
Terms and Conditions for use of SuperFacts by Members of Mercer Administered Superannuation Funds
It is important you read and agree to the following terms and conditions before you use this web site, as you will be bound by them whenever you access, browse or use the site. By accessing, browsing, or using this site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and be aware that we may change them at any time. We last revised these Terms and Conditions on 29 January 2003.
This web site ("Service") is made available by REI Superannuation Fund Pty Limited ABN 68 056 044 770 ("Trustee") as the Trustee of the of REI Superannuation Fund ("Fund") under an agreement with Mercer Human Resource Consulting Pty Ltd ABN 32 005 315 917 ("Provider").
These Terms and Conditions do not apply to web sites we do not own or operate.
Terms and conditions
In accessing, browsing or using this web site you acknowledge and agree:
- If the Trustee has requested that you be able to view and/or change your superannuation account("Account") details via the Site ("Service") and the Provider has agreed to permit you to use the Service, you are provided with a confidential member number and Personal Identification Number ("PIN") that will permit access to the Service.
- You acknowledge that access to your Account and/or Fund information (as the case may be) will be provided through this Site to any person using your PIN. You must therefore do everything necessary to protect your PIN from disclosure to any other person. You will be responsible for all acts of unauthorised use of your PIN.
- Any action or request made by the user of your PIN ("Instruction") will be deemed to have been made by you and the request may be carried out by the Provider without further enquiry.
- You will be responsible for all Instructions whether or not made by you. Neither the Trustee nor the Provider shall be liable for acting on an Instruction.
- Unless you are a Trustee Service User or an authorised Mercer employee, you will not attempt to access any superannuation account details that do not relate to you personally and will notify the site's Helpline on 1300 134 433 ("Site Contact") immediately you become aware of any such unauthorised access or attempted access. A Trustee Service User is a person who has been authorised by the Trustee to be able to view the superannuation account details of other members of the Fund via the Site ("Trustee Service"). An authorised Mercer employee is a person who has been authorised by Mercer to be able to view the superannuation account details of members of the Fund via the site. If you are a Trustee Service User or authorised Mercer employee you will not attempt to access any superannuation account details beyond the level of access permitted by the Trustee and Mercer and will immediately notify the Site Contact if you become aware of any unauthorised access or attempted access.
- You must notify the Site Contact immediately if you become aware that your PIN has been lost or forgotten. A new PIN will be provided to you.
- If requested by the Provider or in the event of clauses 5 or 6 occurring, you must immediately agree to change your PIN.
- You will notify the Site Contact in writing if you want your access to the Service suspended or cancelled at any time.
- Your use of the Service or Trustee Service may be interrupted, varied, suspended or cancelled by the Provider at any time without notice or for reasons beyond the Provider’s control.
- You agree that the Provider and the Trustee shall not be liable for any interruption, variation, suspension or cancellation of the Service.
- The Site’s content has been compiled in good faith by the Provider but no guarantee is given (either express or implied) regarding reliability, timeliness, completeness or accuracy of the Account/information at any particular time. All information available via the Site is subject to change without notice.
In addition, certain information at this Site belongs to parties other than the Provider. The Provider does not claim authorship of such information and duly acknowledges the copyright of other parties where applicable. Neither the Trustee nor the Provider shall be liable if you rely on any information obtained via the Site.
- While the Provider will endeavour to keep the Account/information up to date, there will be times when this is not the case. The Provider is entitled to treat any information received from you as reliable, accurate, complete and up to date.
- You must not rely upon, act upon, give or make available to another person any Account/information (whether electronic or otherwise) from this Site without first having that Account/information verified in writing by the Provider.
- By activating any hypertext links at this Site you may leave this Site and go to other web sites that are not under the control of the Provider. The Provider does not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of material contained in other web sites. The terms and conditions that apply to other web sites may be different from these and those terms and conditions will govern the use of information you access or obtain from those sites.
- The content of the Site has been prepared for residents of Australia. If you are resident in any other country you will need to check whether you are entitled to access the Site. All currency references are shown in Australian dollars unless otherwise specified. This web site is governed by, and is to be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
- The Provider uses reasonable efforts to maintain the Site and all associated data with technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure. The information you enter on the Site or access via the Site is stored securely by the Provider on its data servers however you acknowledge no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard and neither the Trustee nor the Provider shall be liable for any loss occasioned by unauthorised access, destruction, misuse or improper disclosure of your data.
- You agree to take reasonable precautions to prevent the introduction or spread of any software contamination, including viruses and the like into the Site when accessing, providing or downloading information via this Service.
- Except to the extent required by law, the Provider and its related companies and the Trustee make no representations or warranties, express or implied that the Service, Trustee Service or Site are fault free or as to the continuity, accessibility, reliability or efficiency of the Service, Trustee Service or Site prior to, during or after your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, or the suitability of the Service, Trustee Service or Site to your needs and will accept no responsibility arising in any way (including for negligence) for errors in, and omissions or otherwise for any loss or damage of any kind at all (including consequential loss) arising directly or indirectly out of the provision or use of, or inability to use the Service, Trustee Service or Site. You enter into this Agreement at your own risk and solely in reliance on your own judgment and not upon any warranty or representation made by the Provider, any related company of the Provider or the Trustee.
- Neither the Provider nor the Trustee will be liable if you breach these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Site causes loss, damage or injury to any other person or entity. You agree to indemnify the Trustee and the Provider and/or any related company from and against all such loss, damage, injury and expenses, (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis).
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then if the provision would not be illegal or unenforceable if a word or words were omitted, that word or those words are severed or in any other case the provision is severed and the rest of these Terms and Conditions will continue to be legal and enforceable.
- Except where otherwise stated, the copyright and intellectual property rights relating to the content of this Site belong to and remain the property of the Provider. The granting of access to the Site by the Provider does not create or imply a license or permit you to reproduce, download, transmit and/or distribute this content in any form or by any means other than as permitted under these Terms and Conditions, unless authorised by the written consent of the Provider.
- The performance of the investments contained on this Site are not guaranteed by the Provider, any of its related companies, the Trustee or the relevant fund managers. The investments are subject to the rise and fall of the market. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.
- Material at the Site may contain general information about the Provider’s goods and services. This information does not constitute an offer or inducement to enter into a legally binding contract.
- For the purposes of this Clause "Messages" means all mail items of any description transmitted by electronic means between the Provider and you via the Site. You acknowledge that you may submit Messages to theProvider and that you are responsible for confirming receipt of the Message by the Provider. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt or response from the Provider regarding your Message you should assume that the Message was not received by the Provider and you should re-send the Message or follow up the Message by other means.