REI Super’s risk management is designed to support the achievement of the strategic and operational goals of the business and protect the interests of beneficiaries.
The purpose of REI Super’s risk management function is to support, evaluate and where possible mitigate through effective controls. REI Super’s risk management process includes a review of the status of all material risks on a quarterly basis, and conducting a risk management workshop periodically to review the appropriateness, effectiveness and adequacy of the Risk Management Framework.
The risk management function within the Fund has 4 steps:
- Risk Identification
- Risk Measurement
- Risk Treatments and Controls
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting
Managing material risks in accordance with the Board’s Risk Appetite Statement allows the Fund to:
- fulfil its obligations to its beneficiaries;
- compete in the market;
- be regarded as a good corporate citizen;
- achieve the Trustee’s objectives; and
- enhance the Fund’s reputation as a “profits to members” industry superannuation fund that can be trusted by its beneficiaries.
Overall the Board has adopted a low to medium risk appetite statement.
To learn more about our Board and their approach to risk, please see the latest Annual Report.