447 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC is one of REI Super’s unlisted property investments through the ISPT Core Fund.
Highlights for the quarter
- The office tower at 447 Collins St, Melbourne achieved practical completion (subject to significant defects and incomplete work) on 31 March 2020. Tenancies will be available for occupation from 1 April 2020.
- Since the pandemic, all properties in the portfolio have remained open for permitted operations under Government restrictions. Decreased activity is pronounced across all sectors, with the least impact on premises occupied by Government tenants.
End of quarter (to 31 March 2020) valuation
- Valuation undertaken by external valuers reported a net valuation uplift of $138.74M (after capital expenditure) for Q1 2020. However, the ISPT Board has adopted a provision for future loss per asset totalling $862.30M, which led to an overall adjusted direct portfolio value of $14.70B. This adjusted value is reflected in the unit price at 31 March 2020.
Unlisted property assets are a source of stability and great long-term returns for REI Super’s portfolio.
Approximately 65% of REI Super’s property portfolio is invested in unlisted property assets, through one of our long-standing investment managers, Industry Super Property Trust (ISPT).
Unlisted property assets are those investments assets that are not included in portfolios listed on the stock exchange. They are generally not readily available to individual investors.
Unlisted property investments are excellent long-term investments, providing a combination of growth and income to REI Super’s portfolio. They also have fewer short-term ups and downs in their returns than many investments.
REI Super’s investments in ISPT are through its Core Fund, which is a diverse portfolio of around 75 Australian commercial, industrial and retail properties of unmatched quality across capital cities and regional centres.
Since inception in 1994 the ISPT Core Fund has achieved a total gross return of 9.64% p.a.
A growing portfolio of high-quality property assets
The portfolio includes many iconic Australian properties:
- Melbourne’s GPO
- Westfield’s Doncaster Shopping Centre
- Brisbane’s Wintergarden complex
- Casselden Place in Melbourne
- Liberty Place in Castlereagh Street, Sydney
- 2 National Circuit in Canberra
- 100 St Georges Terrace in Perth
Future investment performance can vary from past performance, and you should not base your decision to invest in REI Super simply on past performance. Past earning rates are not an indicator of future earning rates. The investment returns of REI Super are not guaranteed, and the value of the investment may rise or fall.
The information contained in this article does not constitute financial product advice. However, to the extent that the information may be considered to be general financial product advice, REI Super advises that REI Super has not considered any individual person’s objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Individuals need to consider whether the advice is appropriate in light of their goals, objectives and current situation.
REI Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd ABN 68 056 044 770 AFSL 240569. RSE L 0000314 REI Super ABN 76 641 658 449 RSE R1000412 MySuper unique identifier 76641658449129